Inaction from the leader of social networks against Women is not anymore acceptable. This is true also for all the words that do not respect others. It is important to understand that it is part of the keys successes of future of social networks. The anonymity may encourage some of us to express what they have worse in them. Innovative Technologies should prevent public to may authorize to express this violence: how to make it?
- Facebook bows to ‘hate’ campaigners (bbc.co.uk)
- Facebook hit by protest over offensive posts (thetimes.co.uk)
- Facebook agrees to block sexual assault ‘humor’ (redalertpolitics.com)
- Facebook bows to pressure, vows to rid itself of sexist hate speech (go.theregister.com)
Without a doubt, misogyny and anti-women hate speech exists on the Internet in spades. Part of the problem, of course, is anonymity; another part is inaction on the part of social networks like Facebook to police such content. But a recent open letter from Women, Action & the Media on the topic has elicited a response from Facebook that includes a promise to work harder to make the Internet a safe space for all.
Specifically, the open letter targets gender-based hate speech, much of which is tied in with threats and jokes about rape. According to the group, Facebook is overflowing with violent and offensive content targeting women. Specifically, the letter citing groups with names like “Raping your Girlfriend” and photographs of abused women with captions intended to elicit laughs.
“These pages and images are approved by your moderators, while you regularly remove content such as pictures of women breastfeeding
View original post 314 more words
- Why Samsung Gear is not completely a success ?
- What Makes Samsung Such An Innovative Company?
- Je suis Charlie : no innovation without free ideas
- Happy new year 2015 with the 777 wishes!
- The third industrial revolution and the digital age
- IBM Watson, the beginning aware artificial?
- Solar Impulse 2: On the way round the world
|Noble Thoughts on The third industrial revolutio…|
|analyse. on BYOD to Work: Advantages vs.…|
|kaos muslimah on BYOD to Work: Advantages vs.…|
|olivierlehe on Why Samsung Gear is not comple…|
|Lea on Why Samsung Gear is not comple…|