Singularity for those mere mortals who are unaware is . First proposed by mathematician John von Neumann, it is the time when “ever accelerating progress of technology and changes in the mode of human life, which gives the appearance of approaching some essential singularity in the history of the race beyond which human affairs, as we know them, could not continue.”
- Technological_singularity (Wikipedia.com)
In his book “The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology“, futurist Ray Kurzweil predicts that computers will be as smart as humans by 2029, and that by 2045, “computers will be billions of times more powerful than unaided human intelligence”.
So if robots and artificial intelligence will inevitably have more intelligence than man, what will social networking look like in that world? Well, according to a new social network catering to robots and their owners, you don’t have to wait another 16 years to find out. Almost like a real-life version of “Back To The Future,” launched in December, 2011, MyRobots.com is artificial intelligence’s answer to Facebook.
Social Network for Robots
Designed for robot owners and their robotic devices, the portal offers an opportunity for robots to generate their own status updates. Internet-enabled robots can be connected to MyRobots with an open API.
And if one network wasn’t enough, there’s also RoboEarth, described as “a giant network and database repository where robots can share information and learn from each other about their behavior and their environment.” The site is designed for robots to upload their experiences at solving a task so that other robots can learn from the data. RoboEarth’s team members are Europe-based researchers with funding from the European Commission’s Cognitive Systems and Robotics Initiative.
- Will Robots Social Network When They Eclipse Man’s Intelligence? [Videos] (inventorspot.com)
- No Killer Robots, says the UN. FEAR THE MACHINES! (sarcasticny.wordpress.com)
- Ray Kurzweil “How to Create a Mind” (lugenfamilyoffice.com)
- Intelligent Robots Will Overtake Humans by 2100, Experts Say (livescience.com)
- Why Samsung Gear is not completely a success ?
- What Makes Samsung Such An Innovative Company?
- Je suis Charlie : no innovation without free ideas
- Happy new year 2015 with the 777 wishes!
- The third industrial revolution and the digital age
- IBM Watson, the beginning aware artificial?
- Solar Impulse 2: On the way round the world
|Noble Thoughts on The third industrial revolutio…|
|analyse. on BYOD to Work: Advantages vs.…|
|kaos muslimah on BYOD to Work: Advantages vs.…|
|olivierlehe on Why Samsung Gear is not comple…|
|Lea on Why Samsung Gear is not comple…|